Next Years Paw Paw date will be July 21, 22, 2017
The little car show idea the Chamber initiated 20 years ago has come of age and become a classic in its own right!! With your support we can make Paw Paw Days one of the community's main events of the year, and continue to offer activities and programs that spotlight our local businesses.
The Paw Paw Area Chamber of Commerce invites you to Paw Paw Days, a weekend of pure family fun, celebrating our 21st annual Classic Car and Truck Show.
In the tradition of our original Paw Paw Days, downtown Paw Paw merchants will bring back sidewalk sales, selling their wares inside and out, Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 22.
Friday evening, classic car owners will come together for the Carol Motycka Memorial Classic Car Cruise. Participants should meet at 6pm, Walmart garden center parking lot, south of I-94,
to begin the caravan through downtown and on out into the surrounding countryside. The route ends back in town at Red's Root Beer for eats and treats. The event is sponsored by Walmart.
Bright and early Saturday, July 22, downtown streets will be closed to host the biggest-ever Paw Paw Days Classic Car & Truck Show. This event brings thousands of visitors to Paw Paw each summer and has been referred to as one of the best vintage vehicle venues in Southwest Michigan. Sponsored by John Tapper, Inc. Chevy-Buick-GMC, and Tapper Ford, LLC, organizers expect over 200 classic cars and trucks to be on display along Michigan Avenue and side streets in downtown Paw Paw. Registration that day begins at 8 a.m., the show opens at 9.
Dash plaques, gift bags, and door prizes will be given to the car show entrants and up to 60 trophies will be awarded throughout the day, ending with Best of Show and class trophy presentations at 3 p.m. A special Jan Hoehn Memorial award will honor an original member of the Chamber of Commerce and founder of the classic car show. Hoehn died of cancer last fall after more than 30 years of dedicated service to her community.
All of our awards this anniversary year are original etched glass trophies, made at our own Van Buren Intermediate School District's Technology Center. Souvenir T-shirts and mini-dash plaques will be for sale.
The Masonic Lodge will host a breakfast Saturday morning from 8 to11 a.m.
Beginning at 9 a.m., area vendors, artists, and crafters will fill the County Park in the center of town with booths and carts of goodies. Food vendors will provide on-the-spot yummies, while some local restaurants will offer Paw Paw Days specials.
KidsZone, sponsored Freshwater Community Church, will be set up in the Van Buren County courthouse parking lot, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. offering games, water play, and other activities for our younger Paw Paw Days guests.
Miss Paw Paw and her court will be selling 50/25/25 raffle tickets for a drawing at 3 p.m.
New this year!
• A Farmers' Market, hosted by Vineyard 354 Farm & Market, will feature the products of many of our area farms all day Saturday.
• Country Lakes Alpacas will bring several of their animals to town for the kids to see and pet Saturday. Find their booth to purchase Alpaca wool products and information.
• Second Chance for Greyhounds will have beautiful dogs ready for you to adopt in the Marketplace. Visit Old National Bank, where Animals' Best Friend will have cats and kittens available for adoption inside the bank. Their booth with information will be located outside of Taylor's Florist and Gifts.
• The Kalamazoo Speedway will have several cars on display and the Van Buren County Road Commission will be showing off its newest plow truck. The V plow has been painted by a local third grade student!
• A Cornhole Tournament will commence after the car show Saturday on the outdoor patio at Taphouse 120, starting at 4 p.m. We are accepting 30 teams, with prizes awarded to first and second places. Honor Credit Union is sponsoring and managing this fun addition to PPD!• Music from the 1950s and '60s will rock the Maple Lake Amphitheatre Saturday evening, when Superband, with lead singer Scott Spears, formerly of the Wild Woodys, take the stage from 6 to 8 p.m.
After all that, ease into Sunday, July 24, with the Two Rivers Coalition. Join experienced paddlers and "Do the Maple Circle", a community paddle on Maple Lake. This is an activity for paddlers of all experience levels! Paddle and Play begins at noon on Maple Island. At 2 p.m., paddlers will begin with a circle of the island, then head out to circle the lake and enjoy an ice cream treat.For more information, or to enter your car, reserve your booth in our “Marketplace,” or sign up for the cornhole tournament, call Brenda Tortorelli at the Paw Paw Area Chamber of Commerce, (269) 657-5395; or e-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the paddle, contact Kayak Kenneth at (269) 330-1040. Look for updates on Facebook and our Chamber website, www.pawpawchamber.com.
Click below for Sponsorship opportunitiesClick below for Car show RegistrationClick below for forms
Click below for Corn-hole Registration Forms