Learn More ________________________________________
COVID-19 UPDATES FROM OUR BUSINESSES
Please watch this page for continual updates and informational resources. If you have any update information email email@example.com
Small Business Resources Links
1. Facebook Business Boosting Grants- https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants
2. Google Continuing to Help - https://blog.google/inside-google/company-announcements/covid-19-how-were-continuing-to-help/
- Pure Michigan Business Connect - https://www.michiganbusiness.
- Pure Michigan Business Connect - https://www.michiganbusiness.
Michigan Small Business Relief Grants Are Now AvailableMichigan Small Business Relief Grants Are Now Available!The Michigan Small Business Relief Grant process is now open and will provide up to $10 million in grant funding to one or more local economic development organizations or nonprofit economic development organizations to provide grants up to $10,000 to support certain small businesses statewide that have realized a significant financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Amount per lead local economic development partner will be determined based on potential impact per region.Eligibility:
Application:Apply for the grant hereRemember to save it on your own device.Please submit your application to the County representative listed below.
- The company is in an industry outlined in Executive Order (“EO”) 2020-9, or any subsequent Executive Order of similar intent;
- Demonstrates it is otherwise affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, that meets one or more of the following: provides support to impacted employees, is located in a downtown district or high impact corridor, or is a company that provides services to companies outlined in the EO and requires additional employees to support to companies or employees impacted by EO;
- The company has 50 employees or less;
- The company needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business;
- The company is able to demonstrate an income loss as a result of the EO, or the COVID-19
- Grants may be used for working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business.
Need Help?For questions on the application process, email Jared Lutz or call at 269.823.3818.
- Kalamazoo County – Jared Lutz
- Berrien County – Stephanie Scott-Sims
- Calhoun County | Battle Creek Unlimited – Joe Sobieralski
- Calhoun County | Marshall – Kierith Kurth
- Calhoun County | Albion – Amy Deprez
- Van Buren County – Zach Morris
- St. Joseph County – Cathy Knapp
- Branch County – Audrey Tappenden
- Cass County – Zach Morris
Area Schools Providing Food Service
Paw Paw Public Schools
Every Monday and Thursday through April 2
Call school office if delivery is needed.
Note: Change was made from 3x per week to 2x per week beginning 3/23.
We will be providing meals on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and each day we will provide meals for 2-3 days. Children 18 and under. Children DO NOT have to be part of the Paw Paw Public Schools to receive this service.
Decatur Public Schools
Will provide free lunch and breakfast beginning at noon. This service will be provided each Tuesday & Friday at noon through April 13th. Please come to the Jr. Sr. High School parking lot and park your car and stay in your car, we’ll deliver the food right to you! You will receive 4 breakfasts and lunches on Friday, and 3 breakfast and lunches on Tuesday.
Lawton Public Schools
Lawton Community Schools will distribute grab and go style breakfast and lunch to all children 18 years of age and younger regardless of school district attended. This program will begin on Tuesday, March 17 and run through April 3. Due to the nature of this event, children need not be present for a parent to claim that day's lunches. Meals will be delivered via school bus or van to the six distribution sites listed @ 624-7829 if an additional pick up or drop off time is needed.below.
Porter Township Hall Parking Lot: Noon - 12:15pm
Frosty Acres Neighborhood: Noon - 12:15pm
Jewell Drive: Noon - 12:15pm
Village Commons 4th Street Entrance: 11:45 - Noon
Morrill St. Apartments: Noon - 12:15pm
Crystal Flash, S. LaGrave St.: Noon - 12:15pm
Meals will also be available for pickup at the LHS cafeteria from 11:30am - 12:30pm daily.
Gobles Public SchoolsGobles Public Schools Food Service will be offering a grab-n-go breakfast and lunch starting March 18, 2020 — April 2, 2020 (The grab-n-go breakfast and lunch scheduled for March 20 will also include March 21 and 22, the grab-n-go breakfast and lunch scheduled for March 27 will also include March 28 arid 29, and the grab-n-go breakfast and lunch scheduled for April 2'd will also include April 3'd). Students will be able to pick up both meals at the same time. Meals can be picked up at the front door of the Middle School/High School entrance located on M-40. The meals will be available for pick up between 9:00 am 11:00 am Monday — Friday.Meals are for students 18 and under. Children do not have to be present to pick up the meals. An adult can come and inform the volunteer how many meals you need for the children in the household. Children do not have to attend Gobles Public Schools to receive a meal.If there is an issue with being able to leave your home and come to the school to pick up your meals, please call 269-628-9345 one day in advance. During this call, you will need to provide us with the following information: A household name, the number of meals that you will need, and your bus route. We will plan to have meals brought to your house between the serving times the next day. Someone will need to be available to come out to the delivery vehicle to receive the meals.
Lawrence Public Schools
Lawrence Public Schools will be offering meals for our students. Both breakfast and lunch will be provided FREE of charge to students every Monday. On March 16th, 23rd and 30th, parents or students may stop in to pick up breakfast and lunch. Each meal pack will contain a week’s supply of breakfast and lunch (5 days). The packets can be picked up in the front vestibule of the Lawrence Jr. Sr. High School from the times of 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
The Mattawan Pantry
The Mattawan Pantry will be open 2 times a week while school is closed. We will be open Wednesday from 4-7pm (sign in by 6:45) and Saturday from 8:30-11:30 (sign in by 11:15) for the next few weeks including Spring Break. Clients can come once a week through that time. We will have clients drive up and a volunteer will come to the car with a shopping list. The volunteer will then shop and pack the items to place in cars. We are trying to limit contact as much as possible. Having these two open days should limit our crowds. Clients will stay in cars.
**If you are a senior, ill, or do not have transportation, we can deliver. Please call or email the pantry to request this.
**If you would like to volunteer, please go to our website and click the large blue volunteer button to sign up to help. We do need more volunteers.
**At this time we are fully stocked so we aren't taking food donations, but will possibly need some in the near future. Please check back for updates.
**We always need monetary donations and those also can be made through our website below.
We are grateful for the Mattawan community rallying together at this time! We are trying our best to work with the community and schools to address the needs so no one goes hungry!
Phone: 269-459-3088 (leave a message if no one answers)
Welcome New & Renewing Members!